Friday, February 16, 2007

BRAND NAMES or OFF-BRAND

I have watched other people who are on budgets lose themselves in the brand name craze. I wonder what they are thinking when they overpay, just for a name. I asked one person that once and she told me that it is her husband won't eat off-brand names. She said that since he goes with her grocery shopping she doesn't get a chance to choose other brands. In this instance, I suppose that she has no choice. I suggested that he better get a better paying job. hahaha!

For myself and my roommate, I know that we are not picky eaters. We enjoy the off-brand or store brand items just as much as the brand names. We pay much less for our groceries each month. WOW!! Cheaper Groceries!

Cheaper groceries is why I will shop at the Dollar Tree, Dollar King and 99cent Only Stores. When you can buy off-brand cream soups at a 2 for $1, a large bottle of soy sauce for $.99, and my all time favorite 2 lbs of frozen cauliflower for .99, then life is good.

I have priced these items in the chain grocery stores and even in the discount stores and the prices are as much as doubled, sometimes even triple the amount that I pay.

So, as this blog suggests:
Shop Smarter and Save

1 comment:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

I have found over the years that there are some things worth buying a certain brand--and others I can go with any kind at all. The savings I can realize from buying "no brand" Rice Krispies or sugar allows me to buy my favorite coffee or my kids' preferred ice cream. (But they know I won't buy that unless it's on sale and I have coupons!)