Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Ten Days Later -- What Am I Going to Do?

I was trying to think of what to write, as I have not gone shopping for over a week and a half. All of a sudden it hit me. This blog is regarding Shopping Smarter, but it is not just about groceries. Although I have been writing about that since I started, so I thought that this week I would talk about buying other things...

This week I discovered the VISA Gift Card. I'd seen the ads on TV, but I was skeptical. I went to Walgreens and bought 2 cards. The higher the amount the higher (slightly) the fee for purchase. When you buy a $100 gift card you pay a service charge of $5.95...when you buy a $50 card you pay a $4.95 service charge...I forgot to check out the $25 card.

I have always had to pay for my storage by taking a bus trip that would last about 2 hours-- round trip. What a pain!!

I paid the monthly fee (late as usual) that I thought I would have problems paying online. I paid it last night in less than 5 minutes, using this Visa Gift Card. Wow...I just found a way to prevent the $30 late charges!! Guess that amounts to the "Shop Smarter" theme of this blog.

I am just so excited about this because it now gives me the freedom to purchase merchandise online from places like EBay, Overstock, etc. I was "window" shopping at Overstock last night and wow did I find some great deals on MP3 players, digital cameras and other exciting items. So don't be surprised when I tell you of the items I get because of Shopping Smarter and Saving.

P.S. For those of you that like Poker...If you purchase a gift card from Visa you can use it to load your online poker sites. For more poker information go to Poker Shack for tips, strategies, etc. Just make sure the card you buy does not say Domestic only!!

Don't forget...I love to read any and all comments sent by you.

Shop Smarter and Save!!

No comments: